As we are aware of the importance of ensuring data confidentiality, VATEL has undertaken measures to ensure the protection of personal data.
The aim of the present data protection policy is to inform you of the undertakings and practical measures taken by VATEL to ensure that your personal data is kept confidential and protected.
The present confidentiality policy may evolve in order to comply with the legal and regulatory context as well as recommendations from the CNIL.
The present confidentiality policy applies when you visit any VATEL web site, when you access our products and services (ask for information, brochure, enrollment in a school) or when you take part in any VATEL events (hereinafter referred to as “Service(s).”
VATEL is thus responsible for your personal data as the processing party.
The present confidentiality policy could be complemented by additional elements detailed in all or a part of the Service provided.
3. TYPE OF DATA GATHERED
VATEL shall endeavor to gather and process only data that is strictly necessary in view of the purpose for which it has been processed (data minimization).
When you access one of our Services, you could be asked to provide some of your personal data while filling out our forms: the type of personal data specifically required will be indicated. You can decide not to submit the data requested, however, that could limit your access to the requested Service.
Personal data is gathered in three ways:
- data you provided;
- data supplied by third-party sources;
- and lastly, through the use of our Services that you may have.
3.1. Data you supplied
The Personal data directly provided by yourself will depend on your interaction with the Service and may include:
- contact information: the last name, first name, email address, street address, phone number and cell phone number;
- comments and additional information that you may submit, including requests for research, questions and information sent to the department in question.
3.2. Data supplied by third-party sources
We may also obtain your contact information and other personal information from our subsidiaries and other third-parties, including:
- Vatel Group companies with which we offer joint services; and/or
- sources available to the general public and data suppliers from whom we obtain data to verify and complete the information in our possession.
3.3. Data from using a Service, including cookies
A Service can automatically gather information from the way in which you interact with it, including:
- Information regarding the computer, the login environment, which includes the IP address, the type and browser version, the operating system and other software installed in your environment, the mobile platform, any technical data, error reports and execution data;
- Usage Data such as functions you have used, configurations you have selected, data on which you have clicked, including the date and time and pages were consulted, terms looked up, pages visited and researched related to the Service;
- Geographic information on Services based on the location of the user to give you more relevant content depending on your geographical location wherever you may be throughout the world.
We gather this data using our servers, cookies and miscellaneous technologies.
Cookies are small text files that can be read by a web server in the VATEL domain that has placed the cookie on your hard disk. We can use these cookies and other technologies to store your preferences and configurations, to help you when recording information and analyzing our site’s operations.
You can control cookies using the configurations in your browser as well as several other tools. Nonetheless, should you block certain cookies, you will no longer be able to log in, access certain parts or use all of our Services.
4. PROCESSING PURPOSES
According to relationships established with VATEL, we use your personal data to:
- Supply, activate and manage your access to the Service and your use of it;
- Process and respond to a request to enroll in a school, an order, a request for a brochure or a reservation;
- Monitor courses taken by students and their employment history as alumni;
- Supply technical support, a service or an additional product and thus ensure proper functioning of the Service and its securing.
- Improve the Service and our other products, our events and develop new ones;
- Propose personalized content to make the Service more relevant, matching your interests and your geographical location;
- Address your requests, queries, comments and concerns;
- Inform you of any modifications, updates and other announcements concerning the Service and our other products and services;
- Give you promotional messages and other information on our products, events and services, and any other updates concerning VATEL;
- Invite you to take part in our surveys on the use of the Service;
- Pinpoint user trends and develop data analysis, including for research, auditing, reporting and any other commercial operations to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and the assessment of our commercial performance;
- Comply with our legal obligations, solve any eventual litigations and respect our contracts.
If you are the manager of an entity listed in one of our Services, we will use your data to communicate with you regarding the subscription of your organization.
Should you supply us with information on users of your entity, we shall ensure to obtain their consent to use their personal data beforehand in order to supply them with our Services.
5. RECIPIENTS OF DATA
VATEL shall only communicate your personnal data to authorized and identified recipients.
The recipients of your personal data are the corresponding VATEL services.
6. PERSONAL DATA STORAGE
VATEL shall store your personal data if required to supply the Service and carry out the obligations you requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, for our commercial and financial archives, to settle any disputes, to maintain security, detect and prevent fraud and abuse and to execute the contract binding us with you.
VATEL shall only keep your data for the duration required in the operations for which it was gathered and thus in compliance with legislation in force.
8. PROCESSING LOCATIONS - TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is stored and processed in France and in Europe for CRM data.
VATEL shall take measures, including the use of contracts, with the aim of ensuring that information continues to be protected where it is located in compliance with protection standards imposed by laws in force and thus has put in place Standard Contractual Clauses which have been approved by the European Commission.
9. DATA SECURITY
VATEL shall ensure your personal data’s security by putting in place appropriate strengthened data protection using physical and logistics security measures.
10. PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
VATEL does not knowingly gather information on children under the age of 16 and VATEL’s internet sites thus do not target children under the age of 16.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights guaranteed by laws on the protection of private life and data implemented in Europe and several other countries, and according to which you can, free of charge:
- access your personal information;
- rectify or delete your personal data;
- restrict our processing of your personal data;
- object to processing;
- obtain a copy of your personal data stored by VATEL (portability).
You are the only person who can exercise these rights on your own data by contacting: Vatel Group - 8, Rue Duhamel, PO Box 2013, - 69227 Lyon - France or firstname.lastname@example.org, with “GDPR” as the subject of your email and including a copy of your ID.
You can also file a complaint to the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL), the regulator for personal data in France.
The original version of this policy was written in French.
The French version shall thus be deemed to be the official version. Should there be any litigation regarding the present policy, the French version shall prevail over the English version and any other versions.
VATEL regularly updates the present confidentiality policy. All modifications will be posted on this page with the updated revision date.
Should you have any comments, questions or requests regarding the present policy or how your data is processed, please contact us at: Vatel Group - 8, Rue Duhamel, PO Box 2013, - 69227 Lyon - France or email@example.com, with “GDPR” as the subject of your email and including a copy of your ID.
Realising your career aspirations has never been closer to home. Your bright future awaits now at Pierrefonds Campus, an inclusive lifestyle student experience to make you thrive within a supportive, green and diverse learning environment.Read more
Becoming a chef cannot be improvised.Read more
Vatel Business School enables young entrepreneurs to live their passion.Read more
After Covid and despite the postponement of the HSC exams, we are relaunching the Vatel Quiz Inter Collèges.Read more
My journey at Vatel Mauritius started back in 2017 as a novice in hotel industry. As I went around and kept discovering the hotel operations and the industry - my path at Vatel rhymed with an overall reassessment of myself.Read more
Passionate about travel, gastronomy and new encounters, I have naturally focused on the hotel industry. The perfect balance between studies and practical internships is what attracted me to this institution.Read more
I am 26 years old and a Alumni at Vatel Mauritius, I studied in culinary arts in Perth and I’ve worked in fine dining establishments such as ascot Perth racing, Crown Perth, bistro 2I, silk road, Bentley pines restaurantRead more
A soul of hospitality and a heart of humanity is a house full of love, growth and peace. I have always been passionate about the hospitality industry and to be a Rooms Division Director is a dream that I have been carving for years.Read more
I have always been attracted by the hospitality industry since a young age. I decided to pursue my studies in this proactive sector as I know it would allow me to meet new people every day and learn about new cultures to open myself to the world.Read more
More and more human communities consider ecotourism to be a solution that promotes their way of life, and preserves their culture and biodiversity surrounding them.Read more
Martin Rousset, a Vatel Nimes student, flew to Antananarivo for Vatel Madagascar’s specialization in ecotourism management for his last MBA year.Read more
The tourism sector, one that now attracts millions of young students throughout the world, is in tune with globalizationthat is currently being overturned by inequalities and environmental threats.Read more
Vatel Rwanda started in 2016, we began to prepare the first intake for 2018, headed by Nicole Bamukunde, a Rwandese graduate of Vatel, and who has worked in startups in her country, which is totally renewing itself.Read more
This last week of November, 339 5th year students competed in English for 1st place on the podium.Read more
Hi everyone. I am Ganeshwaree Sumbhoo, a third-year middler at Vatel Business School Mauritius. I am someone pretty positive about every aspect of life.Read more
Sister beauties are a rare find in the fashion industry, more so with wit and intelligence. This week, our "we are" series gets bolstered up by the appearances of model siblings - Anaïs and Felicia Lagrosse, both from Vatel Business School Mauritius.Read more
Hello everyone. I am Yashil Naga, a first-year junior at Vatel Business School Mauritius. I am particularly thankful to the editorial team of 'The Vatelian' for this marvellous opportunity given to share a few words with you all.Read more
Blessed are those students who earn themselves an internship not only challenging but inspiring. Whilst, on a roll and enviable, are those who get the possibility to learn and evolve alongside their revered mentor.Read more
Vincent Berthelot, just another third-year middler of ours, is no brick-and-mortar retailer. Yet, contrary to others, he already aces his line of production founded only last April.Read more
Hello, world! I’m Shania Rampersad, a third-year middler at Vatel Business School Mauritius. Join me as I describe my experience as a Vatel student, how I was open to a rich and thriving journey full of challenges and opportunities so far.Read more
Generous, lively, charming, bright.. we might probably run out of superlatives to best describe the soul about to come to light.Read more
Hello. I am Zubeir Burkutally, a third-year bachelor degree senior at Vatel Business School Mauritius.Read more
There's Nicolas Quin, an 18" BA/ MBA alumnus of French origin; then there's Luvesh Dhurmea, a fourth-year senior from Mauritius itself.Read more
Deux semaines après que l'Université ait annoncé que le personnel non-enseignant pouvait se présenter au bureau, les autorités locales ont decrété l'état d'urgence suite aux conditions météorologiques défavorables qui prévalaient alors depuis mercredRead more
Some 110 students will start university term as from Monday 19th April 2021 and would return to campus for face-to-face learning sessions, as guidance from local authorities allows…Read more
Since December 2020, Vatel Business school Mauritius has launched a new concept called "Be our guest".Read more